- This feature eliminates wobble during the retrieve by counter balancing the rotor to enhance sensitivity and smoothness. By using computer balancing, an approach similar to car tire balancing, we are able to redistribute the rotor weight to create smooth rotation and eliminate vibrations caused by the reel.
- S-Concept represents Shimano's initial philosophy on which many of our spinning reel have been designed. The three basic ideas that are inherent in the S-Concept are Smooth, Silent and Strong.
- Smooth rotation and comfortable retrieve, coupled with excellent drag performance and longer casting distance, leads to our smooth, flawless operation.
- Silent operation of parts within the reel's construction represents the attention to tight tolerances, reducing excessive noise and resulting in the silent operation of our reels.
- Strong, solid and functional construction leads to powerful torque and durable drivetrains. This gives anglers the strength and confidence they need to battle elusive gamefish.
- The new sizing of our S-Concept reels offers anglers a bigger spool and smaller body, resulting in a lighter, more comfortable fishing experience without sacrificing line capacity.
- The end result are reels offering anglers smooth, silent and strong reels that are designed for years of fishing use. The knowledge of fishing and the minds of Shimano's engineers have given today's angler state-of-the-art reels that are ready for any challenge.
- Building upon the successes of Fluidrive, which provides extremely tight tolerances and control in the cutting process, Fluidrive II polishes the gear surface to maximize tooth contact. This increases the efficiency of the retrieve for more power with less effort.
Cold Forged Aluminum Spool
- These spools provide increased strength and durability over diecast aluminum or graphite spools.
- At least 10 times more corrosion resistant than standard Stainless Steel ball bearings.
- Easy Maintenance-no shield design allows for easy flushing of debris and easy lubrication.
- Increased Bearing Speed-no shield design and lighter viscosity lubrication reduce friction and allow the bearing to spin faster and longer.
- A-RB (Anti-Rust Bearings) are made of Stainless Steel that has been through the A-RB process.
- The metal construction showcased in some of our finest reels now appears throughout our line of Metal Series products. Metal frames not only keep moving parts in precise alignment, they also feature the use of the latest anodizing, plating and painting techniques for beautiful and durable finishes.
Super Stopper II
- Super Stopper II anti-reverse uses a one-way bearing that eliminates backplay.This provides the angler with instant hooksetting power. In some reels, the Super Stopper II can be turned off to allow backreeling for special techniques and situations.
Power Roller II
- This is an oversized line roller that reduces twist from casting and retrieving and is enhanced with a tapered area on the support to help line get onto the roller quicker.